POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help for animation : Help for animation Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Help for animation
From: Renuka
Date: 24 May 2007 07:20:01
Message: <web.465573eb6e4fd8f24ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
Dear All,
I want to animate the  color changing of cube.

This is the simple code I use,
 #declare Box =
   mesh2{
vertex_vectors{
      8,
      <0,0,0>,
      <10,0,0>,
      <10,10,0>,
      <0,10,0>,
      <0,0,10>,
      <10,0,10>,
      <0,10,10>,
      <10,10,10>,
      }
texture_list {
texture{pigment{rgb <  6.1 ,  2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb < 0 ,  2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb <  .5 ,  2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb <  .2 ,  2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb <  .6 , 2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb < 11 ,  2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb <  .2 ,  2 , 2 > }}
texture{pigment{rgb <  .2 ,  2 , 2 > }}

}
face_indices{
 12,
 < 0 , 1 , 2 >,0 , 1 , 2  ,
 < 2 , 3 , 0 >,2 , 3 , 0   ,
 < 0 , 1 , 5 >,0 , 1 , 5   ,
 < 5 , 4 , 0 >,5 , 4 , 0   ,
 < 0 , 3 , 6 >, 0 , 3 , 6  ,
 < 6 , 4 , 0 >,6 , 4 , 0 ,
 < 4 , 5 , 7 >,4 , 5 , 7   ,
 < 7 , 6 , 4 >, 7 , 6 , 4 ,
 < 7 , 2 , 3 >,7 , 2 , 3   ,
 < 3 , 6 , 7 >,3 , 6 , 7  ,
 < 7 , 5 , 1 >,7 , 5 , 1  ,
 < 1 , 2 , 7 >,1 , 2 , 7 ,
}
}

object { Box
 scale <1,1,1>
rotate <0,0,0> }

Here I each time frame (say 1 Sec interval) I want to change the color.
These color values dont have any mathematical relation, I should give
myself. Say, if I have 10 set of colors, how can I animate this color
change?

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

I read in this forum, it suggested that to use csv file format include file
for color change, each line color data refer to each frame. I dont
understand well that point too. If anybody can help me that regard also
useful for me.

Regards,
Renuka.